1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 3rd SJ.Com Election Poll of 2016

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Aug 1, 2016.

?

As of today, which side gets your vote?

Poll closed Aug 8, 2016.
  1. Trump-Pence

8 vote(s)
    9.4%
  2. Clinton-Kaine

54 vote(s)
    63.5%
  3. Neither/third party

23 vote(s)
    27.1%
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I could see Trump winning or keeping it close. But I can also see him dropping below Johnson, if the antics continue and he simply becomes unacceptable to people. There is surely a tipping point number for Johnson - maybe 20 percent? - at which he might then get a flood of hold-your-nose-and-vote-Trump supporters to convert.

2. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

And all Clinton voters have to ignore is that she's a pathological liar who tried to destroy women who were victimized by her scumbag husband.

Lucky you.

I'm voting Johnson and I will sleep like a baby after doing so.

old_tony likes this.
  3. Golly gee whiz, I didn't know all that!

Wow!

People who know her may rave, but that's a small number compared to the folks who only see here. She's horrible in interviews, borderline combative. She doesn't like the media and it's pretty obvious. She's really lacks - I dunno - presence and appeal. At least on a large scale.

Then there's the perception that she can't tell the truth. That's she's seen as a career politician - which is part of the reason Trump is so damn popular.

If there was anyone even moderately likable on either ticket it would be a landslide. It's sad either no one with anyone with any sense or character can win a party nomination.

Edit:
    I don't think anyone disputes her qualifications. But she's wholly unlikable.
    She's reminds of a Mean Bob Dole. If people knew what a sense of humor he had, I think he'd have been president.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Then there's Trump who loves the media and pretends he doesn't.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I wished she'd have been on board with gay marriage sooner, but it wasn't politically expedient for a centrist at the time, so I understand it. That's the only thing that troubled me in the least.

6. cranberry

She is going to win in a landslide.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

About what I expected: 90% of SJ'ers not voting Trump.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

She's qualified, but you don't like her personality. Trump is unqualified and awful, but he's exciting!

This isn't a reality show, as much as it seems that way. Though, I do respect Republicans who will vote for Johnson.

Lugnuts likes this.
  9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Do you respect Democrats who will vote for Jill Stein or write in Bernie?

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I do. I don't know enough about Jill Stein to make a judgement on her qualifications. I believe Clinton is qualified. I believe Sanders is qualified. I believe Johnson is qualified.

The person I'm completely sure is totally unqualified and dangerous is Trump.

Lugnuts likes this.
  11. cranberry

I don't respect anybody voting third party in this election.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about it. I'll probably end up voting for HRC, but I haven't ruled out a third party vote. Not sure what's so wrong with that, but cool.

Draft saved Draft deleted