1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanks to SJ ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

SportsJournalists.com
    Learn it.
    Live it.
    Love it.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

He said "box."

Huh-huh. Huh-huh.

3. Who was working the desk here last night?

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I was just going to mention that - unless Moddy's done that more than once, I was the desker that got the info. Thanks SJ!

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

TWICE as funny because it came from shottie! :D

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Or on a thong.

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

That's why you text message your colleague, like Petrie and I used to do.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Actually it was one of my writers, with me on the desk. He's done it twice — it was his original idea. Worked like a charm.

Glad to be of service. (And word to the wise: don't try to file via e-mail from Forney, Texas.)

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

And don't forget those /p's, kids, so your trusty desk can run a quick global search to make paragraphs!

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I used to do that a couple years ago. In a relatively quiet, small newsroom, people would just hear the guy behind me cracking up. Then I'd turn around and tell him to shut up: "People are trying to work, douche bag."

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That reminds me of the old days of 1990 or so, when you could log somebody out of our old system if you had his password.

We did this regularly over a six-month period to a colleague, who unfailingly would call up the techies and rant, "It's still doing the same thing! It keeps logging me out!!"

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'll bet that poor dude's huddled away in a padded room, saying over and over, "It's still doing the same thing. ..."

How do you sleep at night, Shot?

Draft saved Draft deleted