1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanks, housekeeping staff!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Feb 13, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

So I leave my hotel room yesterday morning at 9:45 a.m., taking the privacy sign off my door on my way out. I return at around 7:30 p.m. to find nothing has been touched. Bed is unmade, towel on the floor, etc. So I call down to the front desk, ask them to let the housekeeping staff know that I will need my room cleaned the next day and that I should be out the door by 10 a.m.

Fast forward to today, when I leave my room at 9:58 a.m., taking my privacy sign down. Fast forward to 10 p.m. when I walk back in the door to find my room exactly as I left it, now with two days worth of towels on the floor. I call back downstairs, and they at least bring me towels and take my mildewy ones out.

I'm trying to figure out if that's better, or having the housekeeping people come in but turn my room from 78 degrees to 65, which I think is why I've been coughing and sneezing for two days now.

When the lady brought my towels tonight, I asked what time housekeeping was done. She said 'They usually leave by 4 p.m. But sometimes if they're already past your room, they're done.' So I ask, 'So you're telling me people could go on, you know, vacation...and if they're not up and out of their room by 8 a.m., they won't have towels?' And she just kind of shrugged and laughed.

Am I wrong in being perturbed? I mean, I wasn't mean to her, and I wasn't mean either time I called downstairs. But is it wrong to expect fresh towels? I don't care about the bed, I'm just going to mess it up again anyway...but sheesh.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

You're not wrong. You deserve to be angry.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I mean, who stays in a hotel and is out the door by 8, or even 9, every morning??

Sorry. I'll shut up and go to bed now.

4. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

I actually don't like when the housekeeping staff enters my room when I'm not there. Maybe it's that I have trust issues, but I just find it kinda creepy when I leave a somewhat unkempt room and come back to everything in decent order. Plus, I always have to pull and tug like hell to untuck the sheets and blankets. How the hell do they do that? When I need towels, I just call the desk and say, "I need more towels." Just one man's opinion.

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

IJAG, you are not wrong. Sometimes I feel like the housekeeping staff at hotels do whatever the hell they want and just shrug if you complain (regardless if your complaint is valid or not). I cannot tell you how many times I've been woken up by housekeeping tapping on my door with a key and a shout of "HouseKEEPing!" at some ungodly early hour even though I have the do not disturb on the door.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You need to find a new hotel

7. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Where are you staying???? Notify the hotel's main offices and raise some hell.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

What they said. You were out in plenty of time for housekeeping to come back and clean your room.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

So that's one tuck and one no-tuck.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Wah. Figures that IJAG would spew some whining. :)

/dickhead

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Lupe?!
    You're blaming Lupe?!

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That's when they're supposed to come in.

Draft saved Draft deleted