1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanks, Dad -- your kid Jay (Mariotti)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JuneBug1, Jun 25, 2006.

1. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

If Ben Roethlisberger was wearing Jay Mariotti on his head while riding his motorcycle, he proabably wouldn't have broken his jaw.

Actually, for the record, the White Sox begin a series in Pittsburgh tomorrow night.

I haven't watched Sports Center in a few days, so I don't know how big of a national story this has become outside of journalism circles. But if it is as big a deal as everyone is making it, I'd say that the fact that Mariotti's father is a local and the fact that the Sox -- and, presumably, Mariotti -- will be in town tomorrow, make it sensible to run the letter.

Then again, I don't think it is as big a deal as everyone is making it, which is why I don't think it makes sense to run it.

A manager called a columnist a "fag."

That's it.

Who fucking cares?

Meanwhile, Brett Myers punched his wife twice in the face in front of a team hotel on the morning before he was suposed to pitch against the Red Sox and then went on to pitch anyway.

Are we that sensitive of a society where name-calling is worth four days of news coverage??

2. JuneBug1

JuneBug1 Member

As an aside (and from the small world catagory) --

The person who runs the Butler Little League is Matt Clement's father. Just thought I'd throw that in being that the Butler LL came up.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

What, are we now going to get daily updates on the Jay Mariotti Anger Management Tour?

Draft saved Draft deleted