1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanks a lot, The Real World and Survivor.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

It made a turn at Hawaii, with drunken Ruthie. I can remember actually making time for that mush (my roommate and I 'taped it,' if you can even remember that process). Ruthie, a dead-drunk ringer for the embattled Tiger Woods if God ever made one, had about 15 too many daiquiris one night and -- kazam! -- it became a show about social consciousness and The Right Thing to Do.

2. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

I love that none of them could pronounce "Snooki's" name right. They kept calling her Snickers, but in the thick accent, it sounded more like "Snikkuhs."

Just an all-around bang-up job by MTV on this one.

"I'm so much of a guido, I own my own tanning booth."

Everyone should check this out before the Anti-Italian Defamation folks hop on it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

In that case, everyone should have blown it off already1.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/three-of-the-nations-largest-italian-american-organizations-join-in-condemning-mtv-for-jersey-shore-show-that-slurs-italian-americans-78532467.html

And Domino's has already pulled its ads: http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/04/dough-dominos-pulls-out-of-jersey-shore/

1Which would be a good idea anyway. Seriously, you don't have enough douchebags in your own town? You have to go out and find even more douchebags?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted