1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thank you cards from athletes

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SouthernStyle, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Have gotten a couple from individual players... no one famous, at least not yet. And many pro and college teams send out Christmas cards with a team photo and/or logo as a matter of course.

2. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

From the very small: Got a thank you note from Milt Stark, whose son Matt was a first-round pick of the Jays and the team's back-up catcher for a week.

From the not so small: Famously reclusive mere Gretzky sent me a note thanking me for debunking a story in Brantford weekly suggesting that townies were opposed to naming a local road after 99. She also called, though would only speak to me after assurances that everything was off the record. RIP.

From soon to be big: Kid who was a top ten NHL draft pick -- those inside can figure out who -- sent me a thank you email after practically everything I wrote about him or his team.

o-<

Draft saved Draft deleted