1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texting while driving increases crash risk 23 times

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PeteyPirate, Jul 27, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm not going to lie, these posts by jlee were the best of the thread. Love when someone comes out of nearly nowhere with genius work.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Right. On. The. Screws.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Indeed.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Honestly, someone needed a study to figure this out?

What ever happened to common sense?

What's next: "Study reveals that driving while blindfolded can be dangerous"?

It shows that people don't take driving as the serious responsibility that it is. And that's the biggest reason we have so many freakin' wrecks.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Seatbelt laws and motorcycle helmet laws are un-American.

If someone doesn't want to wear a seatbelt or a helmet, that is their business not yours or the government's.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No, I wrongly assumed you had a brain and at least some degree of ability to think logically and like an adult.

There are obviously procedures in place - i.e age restrictions and a process of testing - to obtain a license to drive.

It is sort of like drinking a beer -- there is an age restriction, once someone is old enough, get the fuck out of their business.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, we can save the money and manpower spent on those pesky breathalyzers and those safety road blocks. No need for Josh Hancock or Leonard Little to be sui generis.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Priceless.

Are they un-Canadian, too?

Oh, no, that doesn't work because we're socilists!!

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You're unreal.

You've just proven 1) driving is not a right and 2) you still don't know the difference between a right and a privilege.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Is that how you guys are spelling it these days? I master "colour", "centre" and "defence" and now you throw another curveball?

11. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

As Stuart Scott would say: Thanks for the dap, yo. And I had to look up "The World According to Garp."

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

What in the world according to Garp? Those are my dress towels!

Draft saved Draft deleted