1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texting while driving increases crash risk 23 times

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PeteyPirate, Jul 27, 2009.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Oh christ, where do you fucking people come from.

This is one of the worst cliches ever from the miserable whiners crowd and it is idiotic to say the least. The government shouldn't be in the business of telling people who are law abiding citizens and physically capable whether or not they can drive.

It is my right in a free society until I prove that I no longer deserve said right.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

christ ... fucking ... miserable whiners ... idiotic ... government ... free society

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No, it's not a right. You have to show that you can handle machinery that can go very fast and kill lots of people. And there are reasonable laws that are meant to ensure the continued safe handling. And one of the few things that libertarian freaks grant the government is the maintenance of roads, so the government can sure as hell regulate what even Harry Browne would concede to them.

Damn, sometimes you act like a 4-year-old who's pissed because mommy won't let you poop anyplace you damn well please.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Zag doesn't understand the basic difference between a right and a privilege. That's why most of his posts make no sense.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You gonna prove that by running over someone's mother?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You really think that's the only reason? The man admits he likes to throw goofy shit at the wall just to see if it will stick.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Yes, I do.

Most of you people don't seem to understand the constitution and what it means to live in a free society.

But you know what, while we are playing this game.....

HEALTH CARE is not a right, it is a privilege.

WELFARE CHECKS are not a right, they are a privilege.

SOCIAL SECURITY is not a right, it is a privilege.

A JOB is not a right, it is a privilege.

HOUSING is not a right, it is a privilege....

FOOD and WATER are not a right, they are privileges.....

Gee, I can get used to this -- I'm sure you will all be hopping on board to make sure we stamp all of those privilege's out for anyone who demonstates they don't deserve them or better yet, haven't earned them right?

Again, the privilge/right silliness is typical liberal BS when they are on the losing side of an argument.

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Welfare is actually mentioned in the Constitution. You can look it up.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I don't think you know what the Constitution actually says. Actually, you've proven that several times. You just use "Constitution" as some catch-all for the idea of being able to do what you want. The Constitution is actually a social contract with both rights and responsibilities.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hmm, that kid that normally plays only with o_t has been out of practice.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't mind being on the losing side of an argument against someone promoting texting and drinking while driving.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

So you figure it's OK if I just toss my 14-year-old nephew the keys and say "go for it" ... no lessons, no license, because it's his right?

And the reason there aren't more accidents is most people aren't stupid enough to text while driving.

Draft saved Draft deleted