1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Text Messaging Gone Wild

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jan 16, 2009.

1. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Or shut the texting off of the phone, which of course will scar your kid for life by making him the biggest dweeb in the school. Which, of course, makes parenting a helluva lot easier.

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

What kind of envelope does a 440-page bill arrive in? I'm sure it's not folded in thirds, which makes the idea that they'd have to specially package it worth the effort of messaging so often.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It'd be like a manuscript. Or a dissertation.

4. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Nice leap. I didn't say it wasn't addicting because I don't like to do it. If you want to infer something it's more like "It's not addicting and I don't like to do it." I'm sorry if that wasn't clear.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

If I read the story correctly, it doesn't. They've gone to PDF versions of those bills now. They did that when the iPhone came out and people started getting these long bills because of all the data sessions. But as I recall, before they made that switch, it would actually come in a box. Hell, I use the Internet on my phone a lot, and I got a bill or two that came in a larger envelope.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Hell, I'd be interested to see how often she is actually talking on the phone rather than texting.

Draft saved Draft deleted