1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas Rangers: New Helmets of Fail

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by writing irish, Feb 25, 2009.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Mr. Nakajima believes you all are too hard on honorable tradition of two-tone unis.

[​IMG]

But he could be wrong.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I rail on my little brother's AAU team for wearing those kind of helmets (just with different colors).

A Major League team in two-tone helmets? Gag. Someone's got to stop this from happening. Even the DH-dominant Fake League doesn't deserve this.

3. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

What's a minor basketball league once run into the ground by Isaiah Thomasgot to do with a bad baseball team wearing fugly uniforms?

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm a stickler for uniforms.

And while I like the Rangers' new look, the helmets suck. The Mets helmets I don't mind because the colors blend together. But these? These are the ugliest thing out there today.

The one thing I would change on the jerseys is have 'Rangers' on the homes and leave 'Texas' for the roads. Other than that, I love it when teams use matching fonts on everything. It makes the unis look sharp.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of red on the Rangers. The only years they ever made the playoffs were during the years they had red as the dominant color in the unis (1994-99).

But I'm a bigger fan of ALL red.

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Those 94-99 unis were perfect for Texas. As for all red, well, I think some Indians and Phils fans could chime in on that one.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Unavailable for comment.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't mean red head-to-toe, just red with white or grey tops / pants.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Now, here's fail:

IHL's Kalamazoo Wings on Golden Ice Night, sponsored by McDonald's.

[​IMG]

They even painted the ice yellow. Don't eat the yellow ice.

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I agree. Though I'd even welcome the blue Dodger ripoffs of the Bobby V era if they'd just wear non-disco helmets.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

How long before the players trot out with their nicknames airbrushed on those things?

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Coming soon, no doubt:
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted