1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Testy exchange between radio hosts and new IU coach

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Aug 11, 2011.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I ran across this a few minutes ago. This morning on Jack Trudeau's Fox Sports national show, Trudeau and his co-hort began trashing Indiana U. football prior to having new football coach Kevin Wilson on for an interview. Wilson was listening to the diatribe and called them out when he was put on-air. Once he got that out of his syste, Trudeau then starts to lecture him about professionalism and before Wilson could reply, he was cut off and the interview ended.

Trudeau and sidekick then started trashing IU again.

http://indiana.sbnation.com/indiana-hoosiers/2011/8/11/2357569/a-new-sheriff-in-town-kevin-wilson-lashes-out

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

IU has a football team?!

Wow, you DO learn something new everyday.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

mignt be a surprise to learn indiana has a football team. no surpise to learn trudeau is now part of a snarky radio-show team. he was a pretty insufferable piece of work during his one season with the jets in '94, as i recall.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It should be illegal for talk show hosts to lecture anyone about professionalism.

5. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

So is it safe to say the radio hosts weren't asking for autographs? (/crossthread)

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

After listening to it, I thought the hosts were being much whinier than Wilson.

He griped a little at the start about the media.

They could have ignored it and gone on, but they ask if he meant them. And he said he didn't appreciate their dredging up the past.

Then they gripe on his attitude later when he is being general.

It's like they were picking at a scab then cried when it started bleeding.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

IU football has received more attention in the last 12 hours than it has in the last 12 years.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

The new IU football coach just landed the No. 1 ranked QB in the country (yes, at IU, believe it or not) in his very first recruiting class. So he's got some political currency to work with right now. Jack Trudeau? Not so much.

Hell, maybe a new media-hatin asshole coach is what IU sports needs. Place hasn't been the same since the asshole in the sweater got booted out of town.

9. printdust

printdust New Member

Yeah but Kevin Wilson's crunch time decisions as Bob Stoops' right-hand man explains why he wound up at a program that hasn't, can't and won't contend for a Rose Bowl berth.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Jack Trudeau's rationale -- "We need our guests to be interesting and entertaining because we aren't!"

11. I have no problem with Wilson.

I am a nobody but nothing burns me up more than sitting on hold for a some half-assed radio show for five minutes, then listen to stupid banter, then have them take calls, etc., before they go to you.

Given that Wilson is (slightly) more than a nobody, and it's the middle of August, I don't blame Wilson a bit for being irked by two radio clowns.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Ah, Jack, go back to what you do best: giving teenagers beer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3155768

Draft saved Draft deleted