1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tescor surveys

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cs2823, Feb 4, 2010.

1. cs2823

cs2823 New Member

Yeah and I got pretty thrown off by this. Have I ever been so annoyed by someone that I felt like hitting them? As a figure of speech, yes. But I'd have to guess the answer is no.

2. cs2823

cs2823 New Member

Yeah I also found this online about the 4 things they are trying to detect. 3 of them you cannot safely assume about everyone. 1 of them you can, and I think that's where I went wrong. You can not safely assume that everyone has done drugs. You cannot safely assume that everyone has been in fights. And you can not safely assume that everyone has stolen shit. Therefore, the only way to mess that part up is by admitting to it because they cant possibly accuse you of lying if you say you've never done drugs. Believe it or not, many people haven't.

But you can safely assume that everyone has told a lie before. So if you lie on that question, you're pegged as a liar and assumed that you lied about the drugs, violence and theft as well. I think if I just admit to the lying question I'll be okay. I think that's the one that's screwing me.

I suppose it's a good sign that they are letting me take it for a THIRD time. If they were half serious about it they wouldn't have let me take it a second time, much less a third. So maybe thats a sign that they dont really give two shits about the test and they just need me to pass it so they can continue with the interview process. At least that's what Im hoping.

In any case, thanks to all who are weighing in on this.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Tommy Kelly: If a train left New York at 300 miles per hour, and accelerated speed 15 miles per hour, and traveled a distance of 683 miles, tell me sir: what time would that train reach Chicago?!

Roman Moronie: That's a fargin' trick question!

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Don't lie on the question about how often you whip it. They know. They KNOW.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

When you retake the test, remember to factor in all the lies you told on the previous tests.

May want to answer the lie question as: () often or () always.

6. cs2823

cs2823 New Member

I just took it again and am waiting to hear back from them about the results. The first two times I took it, all my answers were of the most or least extreme, such as "always," "never," "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree." (The answers I gave the second time were the same as the first because I assumed that the first time I took it I made a careless mistake and checked "strongly agree" instead of "strongly disagree" or something like that because maybe I had misread a question. So the second time through I read each one carefully and double checked all my answers. Same result).

So this time I checked a lot more of the in-between answers like "sometimes," "rarely," "mildly agree" and "mildly disagree." My problem the first time was trying to "beat" the test by giving them what they wanted to hear rather than what I really felt.

So the actual test is not the questions themselves. The test is actually to see how you will take it.

I'll let you folks know as soon as I hear back and hopefully this thread will help people be prepared for one of these. From what I hear, more and more companies are starting to use this kind of thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted