1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terry Bradshaw steroid admission?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wheateater, Jun 24, 2008.

1. wheateater

wheateater Member

This was just teased at the end of NFL Live just about 10 minutes ago, but now they've cut to NBA Access.. I can't find anything about it online yet, has anyone heard of this?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's on the scroll on ESPN2.

Seems he admitted to using them during rehab. He made the admission on Dan Patrick's radio show ... last week. That either shows how irrelevant his show is or that today is a slow news day for ESPN so they decided to finally use it.

3. wheateater

wheateater Member

Oh and also, if this turns out to be untrue, I would like the fact that I was watching NFL Live to be stricken from the record.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Extensive steroid use = shortened lifespan.

It's FUN-damental.

5. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Too late. It's already out there, and can't be taken back.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You'd figure the quarterback was probably just about the last guy on the whole roster who would take (for that matter, who you would WANT to take) steroids, so if this is actually true (no reason to think it isn't; why would Bradshaw lie about it 30 years later?), you can pretty much assume every single player on the Steelers' rosters in the 1970s was juiced.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yes, let's assume all the Steelers juiced. And because you'd figure weak-hitting middle infielders and middle relievers are probably just about the last guy on the roster who would take steroids, let's pretty much assume every single players on those teams with juiced middle infielders and middle relievers are juiced, too. So guilty.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, I believe the crawl said he only took during rehab. Not throughout his career.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I didn't realize Terry Bradshaw played for Tony LaRussa.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I didn't realize that Sammy Sosa did, either.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I'm guessing most of the NFL has been juiced for 30 years.

Luckily for them, they all wear helmets and their statistics are held in zero regard.

The stats are the only reason steroids are an issue in baseball.

Draft saved Draft deleted