1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrelle Pryor down to TWO schools! Ann Arbor and Columbus froth at the mouth!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Mar 17, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's how it sounded after his ridiculous press conference, the one where he announced that he had no decision to announce yet. I'm wondering if it was more a matter of the dad wanting the family in the spotlight for just a bit longer. Somebody sure seems to be focused on that.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Actually, he didn't have time do decide where to go. He was busy with a playoff push in football, followed by another playoff run in basketball. That's a pretty mature thing for a young kid to do with lots of people trying to pull him in different directions. It's better that he wait, and try and make the right decision, and get pissed on by you, then hastily choosing a school.

3. outofplace

Which is fine, if you are going to have the consideration to call off your press conference rather than waste everybody's time. This isn't about maturity. It may be about adults leading the kid around, but if you're not ready to decide, say so rather than fucking around with people.

4. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Yep. USC, Georgia, Ohio State, LSU.
    All crap this year.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

FINAL RANKINGS - Feb. 2, 10:30 p.m.- Click on a team for analysis.
    1. Tennessee 16. Alabama 21. Clemson
    12. Miami (Fla.) 17. Texas A&M
    8. Iowa 23. N.C. State
    4. Florida State 9. California 14. Arizona 19. So. Carolina 24. UCLA
    10. Nebraska 25. Maryland

And these guys just set the world on fire.

6. outofplace

If that's this year's recruiting rankings, I have to let you in on something you may have missed. We might just have to wait until they play for those schools before we write off their impact on those programs. :)

7. rube

rube Active Member

You don't think every other football recruit in the country didn't have a hoops team or something else going on that they would have wanted to "concentrate" on, rather than making a decision?
    This kid has milked this shit for all it's worth, and a lot of people have allowed him to do so.
    Like I said on the signing day thread when this guy "shockingly" hadn't made up his mind ... He had better win at LEAST a Heisman and at LEAST one or maybe two BCS titles.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think those are the 2005 rankings.

9. outofplace

Why? Do you think anybody will still give a shit about all three or four years from now if he flops?

10. outofplace

Ok, that makes a hell of a lot more sense.

11. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

I think what a lot of people forget about recruiting rankings are that they are based on the talent coming, not the talent coming in and how it will fill holes based on needs. State U. can bring in three 5 star QB's and five 5 star RB's, and only one blue chip O-lineman and chances are they will suck b/c they don't have a line to block for this all-world talent. But, they will most likely be a top-5 recruiting class b/c of all the skill talent brought in. Look at Texas back in the Chris Sims days they were top 3 every year and under acheived every year b/c they were getting great skill talent but not else.

Also, I'm pretty firmly of the belief that skill talent as a whole gets rated higher (overrated?) more often than say a great lineman. When is the last time the #1 recruit in the country was an offensive or defensive tackle?

12. rube

rube Active Member

Ha good point ... but I think I know some people in Columbus, or Ann Arbor or State College or wherever he ends up that will probably remember him if he ends up there and fizzles.

Draft saved Draft deleted