1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrell Owens

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by buhler013, Nov 11, 2009.

1. buhler013

buhler013 New Member

Hey for those of you who have dealt with Terrell Owens, I was wondering how well he gets along with the media. I staff Tennessee Titans home games for my paper and I was considering talking to him after the game Sunday. Is he pretty accessible? Also, is he usually at his locker or does he go across to the interview room?

Also, who are the best players to interview on the Bills? I'm kind of thinking I might find a player and ask him 2-4 questions and write a small feature on him. I did it with Torry Holt last home game and got some good feedback on it, so I might try to go somewhere with it...

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

He usually does situps while talking to reporters.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Might catch him crying if it's the right day. (He has to love his quarterback first.)

4. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Ask Ed Werder of ESPN. He and T.O got along famously when the big baby was playing for the Cowboys.

5. buhler013

buhler013 New Member

Anyone on the Bills who's a good interview besides TO?

6. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Trent Edwards is about as good as a dude there is in the league.
    He's bright, and if your line of questioning differs from the norm, he can be great.

7. buhler013

buhler013 New Member

Thanks for the heads-up. I was checking the Bills' roster and I saw that rookie Jairus Byrd is from St. Louis County. I may give him a look too.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ask him how many millions of reasons he's got to live.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Doesn't Byrd lead the league in interceptions? I know he had two in back to back games.
    Edwards has that whole come back from concussion thing so I suspect he'll draw a lot of attention.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

It depends what paper you are writing for an what angle you want to pursue.

11. darealstanch

darealstanch New Member

I cover the NFL and reported on the Bills once as a visiting team this year. Owens did his post-game interview in the press conference room. I expect this to be the same for you down in TN.

12. spud

spud Member

From my experience, you won't get TO one-on-one or just standing at his locker. At least when he was in Dallas, he only talked to media on Wednesdays and you had to get him at the podium postgame. You couldn't find Roy Williams either, but that was usually because he'd just gotten torched for another big TD.

Draft saved Draft deleted