1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrell Owens' "Voice"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chuck~Taylor, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/060725

A good article, but is Scoop defending the cancer?

2. Garner

Garner Member

Excuse me, I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Thanks for the link, I just remembered why I cancelled my subscription to SLAM magazine nine years ago.

3. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

Not that we hadn't already established the fact that Scoop Jackson is a MASSIVE tool and a disgrace to journalists everywhere, but this certainly drives that point home doesn't it?

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yes, Scoop is defending the cancer. It's what he does.

5. does T.O. speak this poorly? seriously.

6. lono

lono Active Member

Jason ... not to threadjack, if you debated Scoop on SAS, you'd rip him to shreds. He truly writes like a mental midget.

7. I've defended some of Scoop's stuff before, but this is garbage. And I'm guessing that this is just straight fiction, right? What the hell is ESPN doing?

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

God, I almost feel sorry for the dude.

9. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I don't know what that was. It wasn't sportswriting, that's for sure.

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

If you're looking for sportswriting,then I suggest you don't read Scoop's stuff. I remember reading his stuff on SLAM and it wasn't really like the stuff he puts down on Page 2. ESPN has given this man TOO MUCH freedom. But don't get it twisted, he's a smart guy and he knows about the game but he just has different way of writing. I'm sort of in the middle with Scoop. Some of his stuff is good but the rest of his stuff is just kind of wierd.

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

As soon as the "voice" started, I stopped reading. What garbage.

12. Editude

Editude Active Member

There must be an audience for this type of writing, but I don't feel bad that it doesn't include me. All italics and apostrophes, all the time. Give (some) readers credit for their intelligence.

Draft saved Draft deleted