1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrell Owens does it again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Maybe he'll go back to the USBL's Adirondack Wildcats.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Next question!

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

yes, cutting t.o.'s sorry ass would make sense. and i'm sure tuna would vote yes. but jones isn't about to eat crow over his splashy signing. :eek: :eek: :eek:

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Jimmy Johnson is laughing his ass off.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

so are d. mcnabb, a. reid and j. lurie. ;D ;D ;D

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Then Jeff Garcia must be ROTFL...

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

... putting out the flames.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

so throw in mooch, too.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No, he's pissed off at the Eagles, because he doesn't think he'll be "comfortable" as the third-string QB.

I doubt it, because Garcia is probably whispering sweet nothings into the ears of his newfound pals on the Eagles beat that maybe the team would "respond better to a seasoned, longterm veteran," that numerous players on the team "have doubts about McNabb's playing style," and the team "might even be better off with Garcia starting."

Don't laugh, I've read versions of every single one of those statements in stories coming out of Eagles camp this summer.

I shit you not. A presumably paid professional reporter actually wrote a story that the Eagles might be better with Jeff Garcia starting than Donovan McNabb. The mind reels.

However, this should come as no surprise -- Garcia pulled the same shit in SF, Cleveland, and most notably, Detroit -- carry on a guerilla campaign in the media to undermine and backstab his competitors for the starting QB job, and try to gather public support behind the idea of putting HIM in to start.

None of this means that T.O. is any less a complete douchenozzle -- he is. But complete douchenozzles are sometimes right, even if only by sheer coincidence.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Man... I'm saddened that my Garcia line didn't register.

Maybe you guys will force me out after all... blubblubblubsobsobsob....

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Done, that was pretty damn funny on multiple levels.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I knew I could count on you!

Draft saved Draft deleted