1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terminator Salvation: Awful, awful movie...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, May 22, 2009.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Just got back. I didn't HATE it. In fact, I liked it better than the T3, which I just saw again on AMC the other night.
    It's very dark, very gritty. Overall, it's just two hours of shoot 'em up between man and machine.
    The supporting cast is greatly underused. I did enjoy Sam Worthington though.
    Three small things made me smile - the use of the GnR song from T2, the catch phrase and a certain CGI effect used near the end.

This "summer blackbuster" is nowhere near the same ballpark as Star Trek. Not even in the same nation as Star Trek. But then again, I wasn't expecting much from a director that graced us with two campy Charlie Angels movies, a bore-ass We Are Marshall and a bunch of MTV videos. How the hell did McG score this gig?

2. BRoth

BRoth Member

Also, really didn't understand how John Connor's wife was pregnant through the whole movie and it's never mentioned once. Not even when he goes off to destroy all robots.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

That was the general consensus of the geek crowd at AintItCool.

4. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

CI, that kicked ass, BTW!

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Yeah, awesome work.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Comparing T4 with recent sequels.

Not as good as Die Hard 4...
    Better than Indy 4...

7. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I'm glad somebody (or, in this case, everybody) agrees with me.

Saw it yesterday. Walking out of the theater with my wife, I said, "Man, that was boring."

8. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, there is no excuse for an action film especially from this franchise to be boring.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I really have no desire to see T4 after finding out that all the stuff from T2 about saving the world didn't happen at the end of T3. I didn't like finding out that the world was getting nuked.

10. Mizzougrad96

When they played "You Could Be Mine" someone behind me said, "Oh, way to remind me of something from a good movie..."

11. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

That's awesome.

12. Mizzougrad96

Night at the Museum 2 just kicked its ass for the weekend.

Draft saved Draft deleted