1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tennis anyone? (Wimbledon thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nafselon, Jul 8, 2006.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Damnation with faint praise. He's won one Slam (but none since 2003), three ATP Master's Series events (but none since 2004) and hasn't made the finals of any event this year. He hasn't been the same since he fired Brad Gilbert.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

This one is over.

Nadal couldn't close out the second set, broken while serving at 5-4, loses the tie-breaker....DONE!

3. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Will Nadal break out the stalling game now?

4. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

He seems to pull it out when he's feeling in control of things.
    Not sure he feels like he's in control, even if he still might feel like he can win the match.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Federer breaks to 3-1 in the forth, can serve it out from here.

6. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Federer just too good on grass. Nadal is too good on clay, but I think Federer wins the French before Nadal wins Wimbledon.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'm impressed by how quickly Nadal has improved on grass. I'll go just the opposite of what Left_Coast said.
    Federer might never win the French. Nadal can win Wimbledon (but not today)

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Federer serving for the match ...again.. after a crap service game at 5-1

9. nafselon

Nadal got a very nice draw this time. I'm interested to see how much better he'll get on grass before I declare him championship worthy at Wimbledon.

He has plenty of fight though, I'm hoping to see Round 3 at the U.S. Open unless Agassi makes another dream run.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

An Agassi run in NY would be fun to see but Agassi in the final against either of this guys would be a horrible mismatch.

11. nafselon

Andre made a respectable showing against Federer last year. You never know what's going to happen in Flushing around Labor Day.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Very true, Noles ... strange things happen, especially during night matches in Flushing

Draft saved Draft deleted