1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tennessean happyspeak

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TigerVols, Aug 5, 2014.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Now, now, remember. They weren't too expensive. They were just afraid to tweet.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

FWIW, I know the first person on that list and got along with her pretty well at OCR. Here's what Ms. Happyspeak got wrong. The person did not leave OCR for this job. She, like me, was going to be on the June layoff list but took the buyout instead. She was high up in the newsroom, but not an assistant managing editor. There are no such positions. When she posted on her Facebook page that she got this job, of course a couple hundred of her cronies offered congratulations, as did I. But I noted that she was going to a paper that had recently fired/rehired the whole staff and I asked if she really wanted to walk into a situation like that. She never responded to that post.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

5. Baron Scicluna

One of those cheap gimmicks solely designed to be put in a report to corporate.

6. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Doesn't really matter now. He quit his "dream beat" after less than 4 months on the job.

Sounds like Ms. I Was In The Locker Room When The Wings Won The Cup can't find anyone to cover the top team in the entire NHL.

I'm sure it's not a reflection on her or the Tennessean, though. No way that's the case with that or any of the 5 newsroom positions or 28 jobs at the paper that are still open and they can't find anyone to fill them. Better haul in some more temps from elsewhere in the company.

7. Baron Scicluna

That was quick. Where is he going?

8. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

His Twitter says nothing other than he quit. His LinkedIn gives no indication. Looks like they are using AP to supplement their coverage.

Word is she's desperate to find anyone to fill it.

9. Baron Scicluna

Maybe he had enough of the coaching?

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Or dream job turned out not to be quite so dreamy?

11. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

Yeah, that going from digital producer right to a full-fledged NHL beat isn't as easy as everyone thought

Ace likes this.
  12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

We have a winner.

Draft saved Draft deleted