1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tennessean happyspeak

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TigerVols, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This is not true. He also has to shoot and produce video.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And he also has to find mainstreamed sources on stories about Real Life, Real Passion Topics.

3. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

I still don't understand the video complaints. It's not like it's difficult.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's not so much the task itself. It's when the work is piled on with writing web updates, writing full-blown stories, taking photos, tweeting and everything else that is the issue.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, when I started reading it, I was really confused who it was about and if Eric was a woman.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Actually editing video can be a real time suck. Just shooting an interview and sending it in is not.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's funny - 99 percent of the videos I watch on line are of spontaneous events when something unexpected or unplanned happened. Watching people talking? I'd rather read the story and scan through it to see if there is anything worth knowing. I realize news orgs find videos valuable because they can stick a 30 second ad in front of them - but the few times I click on them is because I figure they'll contain highlights of a game.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Nice to see both Joshua Cooper and Maurice Patton contributing to the "beta" Nashville Banner website.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Link?

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

http://www.thenashvillebanner.com/

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'd tried NashvilleBanner.com and got no where.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Newsroom of the Fewture

Draft saved Draft deleted