1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ten years of SJ.com: Happy Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Sep 30, 2011.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Re: Ten years of SportsJournalists.com

Well, there are parabola-inspired bras.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I know for sure this week marks nine years of SportsJournalists.com, because it was nine years ago today, October 1, ALDS Game 1, just before the resurrection of SJ...

[​IMG]

...I walked in looking to interview an agent who never showed, walked out a couple hours later with Boom.
    Happy anniversary to us, and to all our SJ buddies.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

July 25, 2005 for me. I have this fantasy of stringing all my posts together in one word document and then seeing if I can find a publishing house to print it.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Aug. 3, 2004 for me, though I think I registered a month or so before that and had my original identity wiped out by a board crash (not 21's famous one).

I was on Sportspages' site for a bit (and not as Bubbler), but didn't have many posts. Lost touch with the site, forgot about it, then happened to see SJ on Drew Olson's laptop at a Brewers-Twins game in the Metrodome and found it again.

The motivation to get back on was to mine as many sources as I could to find another job. It worked. Within a week of registering, I was offered and took my current job, which has been the best professional experience I've had.

The funny thing was that my current job was mostly panned on the job board at the time. I didn't listen and I'm glad I didn't!

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

April 4, 2005, though I'd lurked for maybe 10 months before that. And not a single sock puppet.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sept. 1, 2007. I'd lurked for a year or so before that, then finally decided to take the plunge over "Movie scenes that made you cry."

Got some good praise from Simon Cowbell for my first post, and I was off and running after that.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Fetch me a beer, newb.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I registered June 5, 2005, though I have made up for lost time with a post count in the top 10. :)

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Was over at sportspages.com and signed on here on October 10, 2002 after getting a red alert from Stan Belinda Carlisle, whom I sat next to at a game last night!

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Beer? On such an occasion? How 'bout a glass of the best whiskey I've ever drank?

[​IMG]

There you go, pops. Enjoy.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I have no idea when I registered. Could not remember whether 9/11 posts were on Sports Pages or here. Mostly lurked for months with the occasional post before jumping into the fray in earnest around the time Boom and 21 bumped into each other. That's a day I remember for other reasons.

Boy, have I wasted a lot of time here. ;)

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

JD, click on your profile and it will tell you

Draft saved Draft deleted