1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ten feet of snow in upstate New York

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double J, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Um, 120 inches of snow in a week is far more than normal even for upstate NY. That's why it's news.

2. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

You don't want to confuse them with facts. Let them stick to their anti-American stick. I am sure they would do well with the political and speech freedoms of China. Go China! (world's worst polluter)

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

the anti-American stick? Is that what I've been using to poke you dopes?

Go back to grammar school. Take your buddies with you.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And I'm just glad that I'm not there.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Why is there an assumption on your part that because I don't subscribe to a particular theory that you or others do, that I automatically are not as smart as you.
    It's the most arrogant trait you people have. The level of hostility in political discourse would be greatly reduced if you would simply come up with a better argument than: "you don't agree with me, therefore, you must be dumb."

6. Yeah! That's so much worse than "You don't agree with me, therefore you're an America-hating commie."

And, hondo, for the last time -- There are several SJGOP.comers with whom damn near everyone gets along, e.g. PDB, MightyWingman. It's not your opinions that make most of us dislike you, Yawn, etc., it's the way in which you express them.

7. You could look at it that way, or you could say that there is nine feet of snow on top of a foot of snow on the ground. That's a lot of friggen snow. That 10th foot of snow ain't no where near the ground.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yes. Yes, I am. Not only truely, but truly too..

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hey, i can't help it if some people want to argue that the sky is not blue.

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

The meteorologist in Oswego receiving his marching orders from the Kremlin.

[​IMG]

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Sounds to me, after having to watch the weather report (SE is a weather geek), that the rain/sleet mix coming on top of the 6-8" is going to be the difficult part for us Wednesday.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Please tell me you were posting in the ironic font with the hilarious grammatical error there.

And it's rich, you posting about arrogance. Mr. "All people under 40 are fuckups and didn't work as hard as me." You're the most arrogant poster here and you're so far ahead of the field we can't even see second place.

Draft saved Draft deleted