1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Temporary Sports Editor, Tracy, Calif.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, May 30, 2007.

1. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

No, I am not serious. I wanted to know what kind of response that I would get. I don't want to move from sunny Los Angeles to a city that I have never heard of for a month to work. Plus they never got back to me anyways and when I sent them an email to see what the update was the email was bounced back and informed me the account did not exist.

2. Manny Ortez

Manny Ortez New Member

We have a winner!

And who said sportswriters were thickheaded?

Honestly, it doesn't sound like such an awful gig. It's next to impossible to get a journalism job of any kind in the Bay Area (the Chron just laid off another 100 newsroom staffers, and I think the Merc had another 25 percent cut recently as well), even less so if you're a recent college graduate. For someone living in Oakland/Berkeley or anywhere in the Valley in need of clips, this'll do, pig.

3. JLaff

JLaff Guest

I really don't live that far from Tracy, and I wouldn't be living off just this salary, so I sent them an email a few days ago and have yet to hear back. I'm pretty much just looking for any experience that I can get.

Draft saved Draft deleted