1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Temple, TX opening

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by BujuBanton, Jul 1, 2007.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

My first trip to Austin wasn't under optimal conditions. We'll just leave it at that.
    But it did look nice.

2. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

Heh. Most Texans will tell you the only reason Austin has anyone living there is because they all get stuck of I-35 or MoPac and CAN'T ever leave. All 6th street is a big party of people too tired of trying to get out.

Greenville Ave. in Dallas is much, much better.

3. Austin has soooo much more to offer than 6th Street, especially for those of us who have put our college-like partying days well in the past. When I'm in town these days I spend most of my time perusing shops in South Austin, hitting clubs like the Continental, eating at Stubb's or wasting hours at either Waterloo or Book People. To me, no other city in Texas -- and few outside of Texas -- has more to offer.
    And since I have completely threadjacked here, I should at least pull it back by saying that living 70 minutes or so from Austin isn't enticing enough for me to apply in Temple. I know some people who have gone through there and at the sister paper in Killeen, and I haven't heard anything really good about either place (at least in the past couple years, although it sounds like it might be different now in Temple).

Draft saved Draft deleted