1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Television of the 1990s is acknowledged

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Michael_ Gee, Nov 14, 2008.

1. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Agree with all of the above (with the aside that Belzer intends to be insufferable). Somebody asked about Braugher and Diamond: I know Braugher's done other stuff, but I'd need IMDB to remember it. Diamond was in some completely forgettable time-travel show last season, but his great post-Homicide moment came as the cop whose murder shows you just who Vic Mackey is in the premiere of The Shield.

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Diamond was in SWAT with Sam Jackson and Colin Farrell for a hot second.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Since the topic is 1990s TV, I was watching ER for the first time in years last night (Anthony Edwards returned via flashback along with a few other characters who departed the show "permanently.") Amazing looking at the IMBD for that show and looking at the actors who have appeared. You have at least half of the Homicide (fixed, sorry) cast, half of CSI, and a good dozen or so people you can't remember being on the show who are suddenly big movie stars.

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Homocide? Anyway, ER was very good when it was in its prime.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I guess ER figures it has been on the wrong side of the shark for years, so why not bring on the flashbacks. Was the Rick Allen-minus one ghost of Romano on there?

6. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

The episode in which Romano lost his arm was the last I ever watched.

7. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

Omar Epps jumping in front of the train is the best ER episode I remember. But it's been nearly 10 years since I last watched.

8. dooley_womack1

Didn't he return and end up losing the other arm somehow? I forget. I gave up when they turned Corday into a biotch, Green's daughter into a brat and Green into a corpse.

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Quit watching ER when Clooney left.

10. dooley_womack1

A man-crush is a powerful thing, huh?

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Yup.

ER without Clooney is a shit sandwich.

12. dooley_womack1