1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Televised Obliteration: Mavs crush Kobe's LAL. Postscript - PJax, LAL fined 50K

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Re: KOBE leads LAL to historic depths - Nationally Televised humiliation

It is the most valuable player award, and Kobe might very well be the most valuable player in the league to his team. But his team is sixth in the West, so he won't win it and shouldn't be in contention for it, in my opinion. He shouldn't be in the top five, but he will be.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Hey man, he's 6th in the west with that sorry excuse of an NBA team. Just imagine what he could do with Amare Stoudemire and Shawn Marion.

And I don't want to hear about the "Oh Kobe can't pass". I'm callin' bull on that. He's changed his whole game this year. He's shown that he can win busting out 40 or going with the 20 and 10 assists. I used to be a Kobe hater(during the Shaq days). But I can't do it anymore. He's proven everyone wrong. When Shaq left the Lakers, no one thought they'd still be competing for the chance to go the playoffs. Everyone was so quick to right them off. And look at them now. Hell, they almost beat the Suns last year(they were up 3-1 on them).

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Woohoo! We're No. 6!

4. Chuck~Taylor

::)

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Exactly what I think when people trot out 'Kobe's No. 6' as a supposed MVP credential.

6. Chuck~Taylor

People? You make it seem as if EVERYONE is picking Kobe for MVP.

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

You are. And using the Lakers' 6th place standing as a credential for it.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Say it with me Idaho:
    Most

Valuable

Player

Keep repeating it over and over.

9. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

It's been fun playing this little game with you, but I'll close by simly saying Kobe is a great player, an amazing talent and the MVP for the Lakers.

He's not the MVP in the NBA, though. That goes to a player who can fill up a stat sheet AND win games. As a player, I pretty much like Kobe's game.

Say it with me, chuck:

Dirk Nowitzki will be the 2006-07 NBA MVP -- and deservedly so.

The thread is all yours. I'm going to work.

10. chester

chester Member

Are these the same Lakers who are 14-16 against the Eastern Conference, which is supposed to be the weaker of the two?

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Number of 10-assist games this season: 5 (2-3).

Number of 20/10 games: 2 -- 45-10 (L) and 30-10 (L)

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Ko'Bowe will not be suspended for his most recent elbow to an opponent's dome:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2795315

The elbow to Korver was worse than the 2 other blows which got Ko'Bowe suspended. It didn't come on a shot attempt (or, more precisely, after a shot block), and it was carefully aimed as KB drove past Korver to KB's right. KB had to work to get the elevation on the 'bow in order to plant it in KK's mug. But perhaps the NBA and Stu Jax were feeling generous today, The Day After.

Either that or they thought real punishment for Ko'Bowe would be to face the boos and derision of the Denver, Colorado crowd.

An attempt to mete out justice of the poetic variety?

Only Stu knows.

PJax skipped LAL practice on Monday following his team's breaking of the 47-year-old Los Angeles Lakers record for home futility. Phil opted for the less-painful choice: The dentist.

After last night's no-show, however, PJax took time to lob grenades at the All-Star MVP:

"Jesus Christ could come back and we still wouldn't have a chance because we've ruined the mix by not playing together, not doing the right thing."

http://www.dailynews.com/portlet/article/html/fragments/print_article.jsp?articleId=5415634&siteId=200

(Author's Warning: The above link contains other dubious
    Lakers franchise records which Kobe and the Kobenairs approached
    in last night's Armageddon. Not recommended for Kobe apologists,
    the squeamish, the ill, or Lakers fans)

PJax's quote wouldn't have anything to do with KB's 16 shots in the first half, would it?

Nah, didn't think so.

Oh, and BC Triangle? Some already think you have The Guy Who Walks on Water on your team. I know, I know, 'He' doesn't lose by 36 to anyone. I hear you.

Try telling The Apologists that.

Think PJax is seriously considering walking away from that contract extension? How much pain and pride does a man have to endure and possess in order to walk away from millions of dollars?

We appear to be on our way, possibly, to finding out.

Two 6-game losing streaks in a month, after a whole career without even one such sustained run of ineptitude.

Two stains on Jackson's sparkling coaching ledger.

In one month's time.

How much damage is PJax willing to risk doing to his carefully-cultivated coaching legacy?

That has to be in Big Chief Triangle's thoughts right now, as does this:

"If Kobe still plays selfishly after 30,000 career minutes, how likely is it that he will ever change? Can I get through to this guy, this kid? (Do I know this guy...?) Do I have the appropriate book for him to read?"

Jeannie surely isn't holding her breath on her boy-toy's staying in LA.

At least not in an official Lakers capacity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.