1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Televised Obliteration: Mavs crush Kobe's LAL. Postscript - PJax, LAL fined 50K

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Re: KOBE leads LAL to historic depths - Nationally Televised humiliation

Shaq was an old 32 when he left the Lakers. He looked old and tired in the finals against the Pistons that year. And he was nothing but a supporting player on last year's championship team -- a Bill Cartwright to Wade's Jordan. And before we start praising Shaq for this year, let's remember that he's missed more than half the season -- let's see what he has in the tank come April, especially if Wade is not healthy.

Kobe is, what?, seven years Shaq's junior? I'll still bet anyone that Kobe finishes his career with more titles than Shaq.

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Piotr - Thanks.

Ellis - Thanks. That was pretty sad on my part.

SC - :) And I do love comics.
    Reports...demise...exaggerated.

OOP - Nice. Very nice, concise job. :)

Slappy - Couldn't have said it better myself.

Football_Bat - Good points.

Idaho - Someone had to say it. ;) (kidding, CT, kidding) :)

fmr - If I'm your lifeline, you're not leaving the '$256' level,
    no doubt about it.

Freelance Hk - Remember, Shaq had several monster games
    against the Bulls last year in the playoffs.
    Kobe has time left, but there's a lot of tread
    on the tires. But you might be right. We'll
    see. :)

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Update on Mamba, who's looking at a possible third suspension in the past several weeks, this time for an elbow against Kyle Korver:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17578808/

Kob's 'bo's know lobes (occipital ones).

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Don't worry about Kobe, he got a 4 million diamond ring from Dirk last night. That's what it costs in LA to fuck someone in the ass, and Kobe got it hard last night for 48 minutes.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

For the record, I'm not much of a Kobe fan, and don't really care much about the NBA.

But this Kobe-hating stuff is unbelievably silly.

The Lakers were playing what is probably the best team in basketball, and this was their starting lineup:

PG - Smush Parker
    SG - Kobe Bryant
    SF - Maurice Evans
    PF - Brian Cook
    C - Andrew Bynum

Kobe led the team in points, rebounds, and assists. In fact, he had more rebounds than the starting front court combined. Seriously - Evans, Cook and Bynum combined for 82 minutes and 8 rebounds, while a guard had 9 rebounds in 37 minutes.

Subtract Kobe and that's a Developmental League lineup.

And it's Kobe's fault they lost? Really?

And the "why did we trade Shaq?" stuff is pretty easy. He refused to get in shape as a Laker, badmouthed the owner, missed huge amounts of time, waited until the end of the offseason to get surgery so he wouldn't have to rehab on his own time. So who are you going to pick? The overweight malcontent, or the talented guy who's seven years younger? Shaq went to Miami, got in shape and won a title with Dwyane Wade. It doesn't negate the fact that the Lakers made the only reasonable decision at the time.

6. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

PCLoadLetter:
    Please don't incite another 90,000,000-word post from RokSki or his impotent brother.

Please?

Signed,
    The Board

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I think the 'kobe hate' has much to do with the kobe apologist fan boys as it does with disliking kobe.

Kobe is a great, great basketball talent. Perhaps the best talent in the league. but as the 'leader' of his team, they are mediocre. he's just not making the rest of his team better like a Steve Nash does.

That's why I, if I had an MVP vote, would not be able to put Kobe on top. I think MVPs need to win a lot of games in addition to filling up a stat sheet.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And if I had an MVP vote it would go to Nash too. But lets be honest -- Nash is making Shawn Marion and Amare Stoudemire better, and they're still all-stars without him. He's not saddled with Maurice Evans, Brian Cook and Smush Parker.

9. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Remember also, Kobe had a significant hand in assembling his cast of teammates -- even if indirectly.

My vote this year, however, goes to Dirk. Nash second. LeBron, Kobe, Boozer, Gilbert and a few others get consideration. But it really seems like a two-dog race for most 'valuable' player this year with Dirk the leader going away with 20 games to play.

10. Re: KOBE leads LAL to historic depths - Nationally Televised humiliation

Boozer, Ides? I realize he's averaging 20-10, but I don't even think he's the most valuable Jazz. I think that goes to Deron Williams.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I would love to see what Nash could do with an injured Lamar Odom, Smush Parker, and Shammond Williams.

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

The Lakers are 6TH IN THE WEST !

It's not like they're battling for the number 1 pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.