1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Telander raises pimp hand

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Cousin Jeffrey, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I thought Telander should not have responded. The Trib has no credibility in saying that another paper is being homerish. None at all.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Damn... I enjoyed reading that... went over the edge a couple times, but was a fun column

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Always like Telander, enjoyed this one too. Morrissey wrote one note too many in that midweek notes column. The Tribune/Cubs thing is just so dirty, anyone over there taking ethics shots has to expect rapid fire 10x worse in return.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I can see that. I think Telander explained what they did too much. Should have just gone broadside with the Cubs from the get-go.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So who's working the corners?

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

You know what we media members should do? Write more about one another. Because clearly, people give a fuck.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

We have less access than ever to the players and coaches we cover, and we have more access to the fans (message boards, e-mail) and each other (read everyone online) than ever. Not saying it's a good thing, but in that kind of world, you're going to read more about fans and more about the media than you ever did.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Double Down, I would normally agree with you. But I think in a handful of the great two-paper towns like Chicago, there is still some interest in a good ol' media squabble. People surely have a reason why they subscribe to the Trib and not the S-T, or vice versa, and maybe it's because of the sports coverage. If that's my reason, I probably get a kick out of "my columnist" taking some shots at the other guy.

It's an amusing middle-of-the-week debate. Not like it's going to take up precious Monday morning space. Pretty harmless (but entertaining) to me.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I'm going to open a clinic specializing in rehabbing injured pimp hands.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'm with DD on this one....why is a stupid pissing contest between two papers newsworthy?
    A lot of you come on here bemoaning the public's negative perception of us. How does this kind of crap improve that at all?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

People love to hate newspapers.

Draft saved Draft deleted