1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ted Lasso Season 3 (spoilers included)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Mar 15, 2023.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I just binged the entire series in a couple of weeks. The third season was uneven, with some moments that made no sense. The Keeley storyline really wasn't all that interesting and much of the Nate storyline was just stupid, but I still enjoyed it overall.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I pretty much agree with everything you write. The show lacked focus — Bill Lawrence would have run a tighter ship. Instead, everyone got a turn to have plot lines and they often were dropped or not fleshed out. The Keeley plot line was idiotic from top to bottom. The Nate story had a couple of nice moments, but the redemption arc made zero sense. And Ted’s ex and the therapist was awful. The total football stuff was mostly stupid.

I liked Jamie, Roy and Colin. And Trent was always fun to have. But with some time, I think it was an infield hit at best of a season.

Bottom line — he was always going to go back to his kid and the show got there.

Driftwood likes this.
  3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Season 4 just dropped:

outofplace and Webster like this.
  4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The full version is even better. Sudeikis and Forte have dueted this before. Then Waddingham barges in. Sudeikis and Forte fake bicker behind her, then express amazement when she hits the high note, and Forte is like, ehhhhh, I guess she can do it.

outofplace and MTM like this.
  5. outofplace

This just makes me miss the show. Maybe they should have Rebecca buy an NFL team for Ted to coach with Beard, Roy, and Nate on his staff. They could have Jamie fucking up his soccer career again somehow and have to try to reinvent himself as a kicker. I guess they could bring Keeley over for PR, but after Season 3, I'd just assume they leave her behind.

6. outofplace

Draft saved Draft deleted