1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Technical Virgin

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Jul 25, 2006.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

So no robots?

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Was there a discussion on the merits of going ass-to-mouth?

3. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

No, and no.

4. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

That does seem a little silly...I mean, there are celebrities who appear on "Sesame Street" who have done far racier things, like done nude scenes in movies or cursed up a storm. Methinks PBS was afraid the Religious Right would go nuts over someone daring to make fun of abstinence, so she was canned before the flat-earthers could get their knickers in a twist.

5. patchs

patchs Active Member

My kids watch this EVERY night. They love Melanie.
    So the last few nights, they kept asking, "Where's Melanie?"
    I said, "Maybe she's on vacation, but I was thinking, I hope she wasn't canned."
    This morning, I see the story, call my wife and ask her to read, since my kids were in the room.
    So, we made up a story about, she wanted nights off to take care of her child.
    Maybe they'll hire Harold Reynolds to replace her? :D

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

PBS worried about religious conservatives' reaction? Only when Jerry Falwell pulls a sermon for fear of offending PETA.

7. tyler durden 71351

Oh, I don't know about that. Look who sets the budget for PBS -- Congress. Look who controlls Congress -- Republicans. Look at the folks that put the Republicans in power -- the Religious Right. Hell, those people got their knickers in a twist over paying Bill Moyers' salary. Every time PBS showed something that dealt with gays, the Religious Right went crazy about how their tax dollars were being pissed away. I can very easily see PBS saying "We're not going to piss these people off about this" and canning Melanie Martinez.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

[​IMG]

Starring Roscoe Orman (aka Gordon) as the title character, described in this great review as "a foul-mouthed pimp who parades the mean streets of New York in the gaudiest clothes imaginable, keeping his stable of "bitches" in check with a violent temper and a stockpile of dope."

http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/williedynamite.php

While in Willie Dynamite, Orman threw competing pimps out of his tricked-out Caddie and explained the economics of prostitution to ungrateful call girls, he can now be seen every morning as the genial Gordon, teaching basic math to a six-foot tall bird, and promoting the virtues of cleanliness to trashcan-dwelling Muppets. Quite simply put, one of these things is not like the other; one of these things just doesn't belong.

If watching a mean-spirited Gordon smack his "bitches," pull a derringer out of his crotch, and descend into a pit of drunkenness sounds like a subversively good time, then—like me—you're sure to get a bang out of Willie Dynamite.

This DVD review has been brought to you by the letters P for Pimp and I for Innocent.

The funniest part? Orman had already been playing Gordon for a year on the Street before taking on this role. Apparently PBS had lower standards then. :D

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Has PBS tended conservative or religious since Bush took office? It's been 5 1/2 years, you'd think if Falwell and Robertson and the Christian Coalition wielded that kind of far-reaching power, they would have pulled the trigger by now.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Because using alcohol is illegal, dummy.

11. tyler durden 71351

Yeah, PBS gave the Wall Street Journal editorial board a discussion show and I think they were pretty happy when Bill Moyers retired. The former head of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting was a total Republican party hack who was monitoring shows for "liberal bias".

12. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

And PBS is always afraid to have any funding pulled by aforementioned conservative Congress.

Draft saved Draft deleted