1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tech N9ne.... Rap music fans only....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jason_whitlock, Nov 16, 2006.

1. I have a love-hate relationship with rap. But my KC boy just dropped his latest and the thing is smoking hot. Download it on Itunes. "Everready."

2. Jinga_Thomson

Jinga_Thomson Member

Can you compare his sound to anything out there now? There's a pretty wide line between terrible rap (Akon, Mike Jones) and great rap (Kanye, Jay-Z), so I assume it's somewhere in the middle.

3. The Basement

The Basement Member

man. Tech been around for a minute. it's weird. i'm not quite sure the formula for midwest dudes to blow up. i mean, it took Twista over a decade ... maybe guys that run it fast are still seen as gimmicky.

Edit: it has been awhile. he's not fast at all on this album. Riotmaker is my favorite, followed by Jellysickle (when he does it right there HA! I loved that). Bout ta bubble is good too...

i dont think it's absolute fire - but i'd buy it. it's better than a lot of major label release

Draft saved Draft deleted