1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TEBOW FAN FEST

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NCWCsports, Feb 6, 2009.

1. NCWCsports

NCWCsports New Member

I will say that this is out of nowhere...but I'm sitting around the apartment reading Sports Illustrated and I see that. Just set me off I guess.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Did you guys hear about the Michael Phelps bong photo?

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

The refs won another Super Bowl for the Steelers.

4. Grimace

Grimace Guest

It could be worse. The highlight of his college career could be beating Hawaii in a meaningless bowl game.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Did you know Jerome Bettis is from Detroit?

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Do you know if you don't watch ESPN you never hear the name Tim Tebow?

7. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Um, oh snap?

Tebow has had a better college career than Matt Stafford, who had a very good college career. So? Mattycakes is about to be the #1 pick in the draft and earn a brazillion dollars next year. I think he'll live.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

If he's the No.1 pick he's getting drafted by the Lions. He'll be dead by the second quarter of the first game.

9. Grimace

Grimace Guest

My bad. I didn't know that if you fail in the pros, the NCAA retroactively erases your records from the archives and strips your school of any championships you might have one.

That explains the hole in the Georgia record book for the Charlie Bobo years.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

It's true actually. That's why Tom Brady is the greatest college football player ever. Red Grange can't carry his jock.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Lock this thread! Praise the Tebow!

12. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Really? We're having this discussion? Who honkin' cares how much better Tebow has been than Matthew Stafford? What does that have to do with anything, other than my particular collegiate affiliation? Should I amend my Tebow breakdown to say that OMG he had a better collegiate career than Stafford? 100 points to him?

Tebow thus far has had a great collegiate career. He'll be legendary with a championship win next year. Won't do squat in the pros. Just MHO.

Draft saved Draft deleted