1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tebow commercial: That was all?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Feb 7, 2010.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Disgruntled, bitter FSU fan?

he may be overrated, at least in terms of his pro prospects. But this kid is decidedly not "a piece of shit." As Sally Jenkins observed, the world woudl be better with more Tim Tebows.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Double J is obviously correct.

The frothing at the mouth over this ad was not justified by its actual content. And while I don't like the Super Bowl accepting ads that promote a legal, political, or social position, it was greatly amusing to see how many people - the Jeff Pearlmans of the world, mainly - showed their asses on this.

And yes, I would have expected the same type of loudmouth stupidity if there were an ad in favor of same-sex marriage.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They would accept a gay-themed ad if it was as subtle (aka damn near invisible) as the "theme" in the Tebow ad.

Hell, the "I love you, man!" shit from a few years ago had more of a gay theme than the harmless Tebow spot.

No fucking way the ad runs if it contains a picture of an aborted fetus ("This could have been little Timmy . . . "), so let's get off the political shit and at least make an attempt to be objective.

4. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Did anybody actually go the focus on the family website to read the rest of the story?

It's actually a video of Pam Tebow looking into the camera and saying that all the liberals are going to burn in hell along with the gays. Pretty shocking.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What about Log Cabin Republicans? Do they just get singed?

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I have a problem with Tebow tacking technique. He lead with his head. Great way to break your neck. Terrible example for kids.

7. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Nah, they become governor of Florida.

Draft saved Draft deleted