1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tearing up Chicago

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NotCalvinsKid, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Rush and Division Streets

http://www.rushanddivision.com/

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Ya, Zim, I don't blame Steve Smith. I blame "Peanut" Tillman and the coaching staff which refused to adjust and put their All-Pro corner, Vasher, on Smith, until it was too late.

NCK: Rush Street is the hub of the downtown bar scene, but since I stay as far away from tourists (no offense) when I'm in town, I couldn't tell you if it's happening or not. Of course, if you're young and not anti-social, you'll have a good time.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Just hang around Wrigley...endless bars and restaurants....you get all the locals, instead of the Rush Street wannabes.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Ya, but they're locals who hang out in Wrigleyville.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

That too.

6. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

The Bears didn't have (and still don't have) a corner who could have covered Smith. Their entire scheme was awful. Bump-and-run in a cover 3?

Still the weakest link in our defense. How can we be so deep at safety and so fragile on the corners? I like Vasher, but he's an opportunist that makes plays on hurried passes that are the result of the front seven. I don't consider him a shut-down corner.

And Tillman is too erratic.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Pass rush is definitely crucial. When they can't get to the quarterback, they get lit up. I agree that Vasher is not a shutdown corner, but I think he has the right mix of ability and attitude to become one. I've just about given up on Tillman. He peaked when he stole that pass from Moss to save the game a few years back.

Maybe the new Mannings will allow for more creativity in defensive scheming to better hide the weak links.

8. The Congress has seen better days, to be sure. The front was falling off piece by piece a while back, and there was scaffolding all along the front for repairs. I would imagine that's done by now. It has a bar and restaurant, but why would you want to eat there? Go out.

A client always stays there, don't know why. There's a Hilton right up the street, and that Irish theme bar. Kelley's? We watched the Brandi shirt / US women's soccer game at the Congress bar years ago. Use it as your home base and get out, you've got lots of ideas already on this thread.

9. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Word.

And I consider our agreement on this topic proof that liberals and conservatives can come together.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

try some of the clubs on south side around Cicero. You'll probably finds Tits Mcgee dancing at one of them.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

That Hilton is pretty nice...but it's just not near anything fun....no neighborhood. Great if you're going to Soldier Field, though.

There's a new HardRock hotel a few blocks north of the Congress, I think....seems like that would be more fun.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Be nice, Boom, and keep on spelling correctly.

Draft saved Draft deleted