1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TeamWork Press seeks stringers

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by stevensandor, Apr 13, 2010.

1. stevensandor

stevensandor New Member

TeamWork Press is a new service designed to unite stringers and freelancers with editors across North America. As well, we also offer stories for sale to editors and subscribers on the site. We are looking to get away from the cookie-cutter copy that we see on the wires; we want engaging stories targeted to the markets we serve.

TWP works as a one-stop shop for editors; they only contact one number, one central office; they pick up their copy and photos directly through the site.

We are looking for more experienced writers. Please send resumes and clips to teamworkpress@rogers.com

For more on the site, see teamworkpress.com

2. MMABuff

MMABuff New Member

anyone know anything about this?

3. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

It's a new one on me .... :-\

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

That doesn't look like the patented Dan stamp of approval.
    Took a look at the site, seemed to be more centered for the Canuckistanis.
    The site only listed five cities in the U.S. where coverage could be arranged.
    Canadian coverage seemed plentiful.

5. nmsports

nmsports Member

Perhaps they're trying to make a move south of the border. It would be nice to know if anybody out there has worked with these folks and what kind of rep they possess.

6. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

Spoke with one of the principals, Steve Sandor, this afternoon ... sure seems to be on the up and up .... the premise, as he explained it, was two-fold ... one is to try to match client needs with qualified stringers as the needs arise (an age old endeavor, there), as well as to commission pieces from writers, which they would then pitch to clients ... said pieces would be posted on their website, and could be picked up piece meal ... whether the business model will actually work remains to be seen ... but anything that is good for stringers is okay by me ....

7. nate41

nate41 Member

Same with me. I've been in correspondence via email and it seems legit. Timely responses from Steven as well, which is always much appreciated.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Doesn't this sound something like Sports Media Exchange?

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yes. Perhaps the Canadian version?

I've worked with SME and they've been great. If there's a market for a similar company, that's good for all of us.

10. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

Not to my understanding ... SMEX by and large generates projects (ala NCAA, Fox, ESPN) then finds writers to fill the need ... TWP responds to individual client needs, then makes the writer hook up ... (this is the nutshell version) ...

11. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

Dan,

Just as an FYI, we at SMEX also still cater to individual client needs when it comes to newspapers. In fact, we just took care of three newspapers in the last month for everything from the Donovan McNabb press conference in D.C. to locals at NFL rookie camps and local college baseball coverage. Once we make the match in those cases, we then put the paper and the writer in direct contact for deadlines, etc.

Thanks again for helping answer these questions.

AK

Draft saved Draft deleted