1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teacher news - Year-end Blowout!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Dec 26, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Most of those above examples are pretty freaking ugly.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Same reason jailing people for prostitution and smoking a joint is dumb, imo, no real non-consensual victim. I think Yab has a point, these women absolutely should be fired and never allowed in a classroom again, but in a lot of these cases criminal prosecution is just a waste of taxpayer money and judicial resources. The game where we pretend the horny teen boy was a hapless scarred victim is often a farce.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Jail isn't a right when a female teacher and a male student, at least 15 or so, engage in consensual sex. Not coerced, not forced, but willing and knowing participation.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

In my state, a teacher having sex with anyone 21 and under is a crime.
    That's dumb, but the point isn't the age, it is being in a position of power over someone younger than you. So it isn't about consensual sex, because the age of consent here is 14, I think.
    That being said No. 4 on the list is 27 and banged a 13 year old. That's a crime.
    Teacher-student sex is tricky because, for one, it has been happening since the dawn of time, and two, generally speaking, it is consensual or at least both parties think so.

Draft saved Draft deleted