1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tea Party Patriot Curt Schilling works to save taxpayers' hard-earned dollars

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, May 16, 2012.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Schilling is a gasbag, but he's no dummy. He finally spoke to the Providence Journal for an article on today's A1. He slyly waited until Memorial Day weekend when the reporters couldn't get in touch with other primary sources, such as the governor, to counterbalance Schilling's claims.

Unfortunately, I can't link to the 100-inch article. Schilling says he's lost 33 pounds in 45 days and $50 million, his entire savings from his playing career, and basically blames the state for "scaring off private investors," who he does not name.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I hear the Red Sox need a fifth starter ...

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

In other words, he went the old "Don't blame me, I'm a victim here too!" route.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Once again, @OldHossRadbourn says it best:

Old Hoss Radbourn ‏@OldHossRadbourn
    "Please allow me to tell you about my qualifications as CEO and why I deserve RI money. 1) I like 'video games.' 2) You are a Red Sox fan."

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The thing that made Schilling a great pitcher -- his infinite self-confidence, combined with the know-it-all attitude that drove his many teammates around the bend -- is what made him about the worst person to invest in that could be imagined.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

That sums it up quite well. Our enemies surely love the Tea Party.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Economic Development!

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Part of what makes our country great is that even conservatives can hate Curt Schilling.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

Schilling gave a 90-minute interview to WEEI saying his baseball fortune was probably all gone.
    http://audio.weei.com/a/58102999/curt-schilling-invested-more-than-50-million-and-haven-t-seen-any-of-it.htm
    He says all he wanted to do was create jobs.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, all he needed was $100 million or so and he might have created a couple.

12. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

Funny how he went to his old house organ (with fawning callers - "Kurt, I just want to start out by thanking you for 2004...") instead of Providence.
    Where it was that took his gigantic sh#t and left a city with 11 percent unemployment holding the bill.
    There would have been no "Thank you from th ebottom of my heart" on talk radio there.
    Check out the Providence Journal comments sections for the high regard they hold Kurt.

Draft saved Draft deleted