1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TBL: Reilly making out in pressbox (update!)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 12, 2007.

1. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

Re: This is news? How does TBL get away with this

He was at the game with some chick. I can't confirm anything else since I was working.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Rarely? I'm offended.
    Try NEVER. EVER.
    DO NOT MESS WITH THE PIPELINE!!!

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have no idea if this is true or not, but I'm stunned at how quickly people are dismissing this.

I would bet that Reilly is famous enough to show up unannounced on the day of a game and request and get two press credentials to almost any sporting event in this country. It becomes that much more believable when it's at a college event.

As far as the girlfriend stuff is concerned, if you were the LSU SID and you saw it happening, would you throw the guy out or even tell him to cool it? Or do you just ignore it. I'll bet most would ignore it.

I know Reilly pretty well and while I would hope he wouldn't do this, there is a part of me that would not be surprised for a second if he did.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Well, your pipeline didn't know that the game was played in Baton Rouge... ;D

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think part of the reason it is being so quickly dismissed is the ridiculously irresponsible reporting going on here.

6. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

The issue is not whether it's true, it's that TBL would print something so potentially damaging without having any idea whether it's true. Now you're saying Reilly just might be the type who would make out with a bimbo in a press box, and why? Because of an item that may be total fiction.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The Big Mizzougrad?

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

What baffles me is that there have been plenty of people here who were only too willing to pat TBL on the back and link to his blog every time he'd swozzle the nozzle of any sports writer who was willing to answer his e-mail and submit to an interview. So a site with zero journalism standards, a site that outright steals some of its content, is OK as long as it's pleasuring one of us and not OK if it portrays one of us as a pig. We shouldn't be directing traffic to his site in either case.

9. Board Stiff

Board Stiff Member

Meanwhile ... TBL's publicist Mizzougrad would not comment on TBL's alleged ethics violations. ;)

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Uh...the game was at LSU.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I thought it was wrong once. Guess not! ;D

12. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

I think I'll put that on my blog. :p