1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taylor Negron RIP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I'll always remember him as Jeff Spicoli's classroom pizza delivery man. RIP.
  3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

That too.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Active Member

It's crazy what is stored deep in your memory. I remember seeing him on "The Dating Game" and he was ID'd as an actor. He didn't get picked, of course, and I immediately thought that goofy-looking SOB had no chance of being a successful actor. And for the last 40 or so years I'd recall that every time he popped up on something I was watching. First time I saw "Fast Times ..." I said, there's that goofy-looking SOB from "The Dating Game."
  6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Was Rodney Dangerfield's son-in-law (and Jennifer Jason Leigh's husband) in "Easy Money."
  7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

First role I thought of him in too. Weird, I was just thinking about that movie the other day.

I think he was also in One Crazy Summer, a very underrated John Cusack/Demi Moore 80's flick.
  8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Good job remembering that one.

I probably shouldn't threadjack an RIP thread, but what happened to Savage Steve Holland? He directed back-to-back 80s comedy classics, Better Off Dead and One Crazy Summer, then has been mostly directing episodes of kids' shows ever since.
  9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

In 1982 he was hardly a star, so I want to know how he pulled off "Taylor Negron .... Himself" in the Fast Times at Ridgemont High credits.
  10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Still wondering how Chuck Negron managed to outlive cousin Taylor.
  11. Come on!!!!!
    He's the tough guy villian in the greatest action movie of 1991!

12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Very good in the truly underrated "Young Doctors in Love"
Draft saved Draft deleted