1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tank Johnson stuck in Chicago?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Locked, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Do I sense a sig bet? What are the stakes, old man? :D

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Fuckin' laughable some of the people on here calling out fanboys. Go back and check an earlier thread and I know at least one Bears fan who said Johnson was a thug and should be kicked off the team. The unfortnate reality is that for Tank Johnson, as all other professional athletes, there are different rules. It's not fair, but don't act as if Johnson's getting preferential treatment.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

If the rules are different for Tank Johnson, Pallister, then, yes, Tank Johnson is getting preferential treatment

4. pallister

pallister Guest

All athletes are treated differently from the average Joe. Trotting out the "If I did this, I'd be blah, blah, blah" line in this day and age is just ignorant. You're just mad because the Bears are in the Super Bowl. Too damn bad.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Johnson is getting preferential treatment. And I don't say that because I'm mad the Bears are in the Super Bowl; I'm indifferent on them.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I could care less about the Bears in the Super Bowl... hell, they saved us for two more weeks of rehashing how the Saints saved the city... but yeah, there is a double standard; that's bullshit...

7. I wonder, Oz. Were you saying the same thing when Crash Roethlisberger decided to hit a woman on his bike? Or when Santonio Holmes was arrested twice? Or Barrett Brooks?

8. pallister

pallister Guest

In the context of how athletes are treated in this day and age, he's getting the treatment you'd expect. Again, not fair, and yes it's a double standard. But don't be naive.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Ben didn't break any laws. But yes, I did say the same about Holmes and Brooks. They're athletes, they fall into the same category. Athletes always seem to get off light. Not fair, but that's how it is.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Maybe the judge thought the city was safer with Tank not in it, firing AK-47s at the neighbors' dogs every time the Bears score.

btw, according to Chicago news, prosecutors did not object to the defense's request, stating that Johnson has cooperated with the terms of his ongoing current probation.

He will be under no specific restrictions while in Miami.

11. Crash didn't break any laws? He wasn't operating a motorcycle without the proper license?

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Forgot about that. Did he pay a fine? What ever became of that?

p.s. Operating a motorcycle without the proper license is a far cry from what we're talking about with Tank Johnson. Illegal just the same, but there is a big difference in this crime from Tank Johnson's.

Draft saved Draft deleted