1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tangled

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Took the wife and all 14 children to the movie today after the turkey and nap ... two thumbs up

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to taking my 4-year-old step daughter to it ... It'll be her first theater-going experience. I hope it's as memorable for her as mine was (saw Return of the Jedi at age 3 and remember going to see it ... It's my favorite movie to this day).

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Lil93 can watch movies start to finish at home like Poppins, Nemo, Sleeping Beauty, but this is just not knocking my socks off enough to take her to see. Yogi Bear isn't either. Too bad the Muppets is next Christmas.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

They showed the Yogi Bear trailer before the movie. We saw the 3D version and while I typically think most kids 3D movies are just a waste of those glasses and provide very limited extra visual effect, the Yogi Bear trailer actually looked like they were going overboard on using the 3D technology.

And you know what? I liked it. I think if you're going to have a 3D movie aimed at kids, you should go all out and take advantage of every water-spray and sneeze possible.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Remember, great things come in bears.
    Although given his webbed toes, it would be more appropriate for Dan Ackroyd to be the voice of Donald Duck than Yogi.

6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Our 13 and a half year old went to it with one of her friends last night and said it was really funny. I was suprised she wanted to go because I thought it was out of her demo.

We will probably take our 3 year old to it. She sat with the 3D glasses on for Toy Story 3 when it came out so we should be good to go.

7. Babyjay

Babyjay Member

The 4-year-old daughter, my husband and I loved it.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Worst title ever. Why not just call it Rapunzel?

9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

They didn't want to name it Rapunzel because boys wouldn't want to see it (or so I read).

10. Mizzougrad96

My boys didn't want to see it anyway. :)

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Disney learned a valuable le$$on from Princess and the Frog. That movie was spectacular but didn't make the money it should have because it was a chick flick ... for 7-year-olds.

The star was still Rapunzel, but the Flynn Rider and Maximus characters got plenty of run, as did all the thugs and forest ruffians.

Another thing I noticed: Susan Surrandon appears to have settled nicely into the typecast role of mean old beeotch

12. Mizzougrad96

I'll be stunned if this movie makes big time money (over $200 mil).

The Pixar movies have been so much better than what Disney has put out in the last decade or so.

Draft saved Draft deleted