1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tampa Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by reformedhack, Jun 6, 2011.

1. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

PM'ed

I have made my fair share of "You Go, Girl!" jokes around here, but applying reformedhack's logic, I'm not gonna be the guy to have it show up on another Google search result years after the she made a stupid mistake in her early 20's.

2. doctorx

doctorx Member

Would this be the one who fancied herself "lovely and talented?"

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The lovely and talented Jessica Dasilva.

4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I feel like someone who goes to a NASCAR race to see a wreck when I ask this but what is the staffing at the SacBee down to? Four?

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Speaking of the Tampa Tribune ...

http://apple.copydesk.org/2011/06/07/but-are-they-fair-and-balanced/

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

You make the bed you sleep in. Dasilva fawned over an editor who laid off people. Not in good taste.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

You may be right ... but don't go by the staff directory online, which still lists Schumacher as well as Paul Gutierrez, who left for Comcast Sports Net a while back as their Raiders/A's "insider." I think that leaves them at Joe Davidson and Bill Patterson on preps, Jason Jones on the Kings, Ailene Voisin as columnist and Matt Barrows on the 49ers. Oh, and Marcos Breton columnizes occasionally. Oh but what once was ...

8. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Maybe so, which is why I don't fault Mizzou for putting it out there. I wouldn't have done the same thing and stated why.

9. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I guess you can make a run at it with freelancers, but that pond has never flourished in Danvegas (present company excluded). Without stringers, what's the coverage plan for the last man standing? GW at home and any Dan River vs. Tunstall games? Shouldn't abandon Chatham, but they're a distant fourth, I'd think.

So Danville is now staffed at the same level as the South Boston News & Record, you know what I'm saying, dawg? Ya big turkey! (by the way, he travelled with his baseball team to Richmond for state playoffs, so it's possible SoBo has better travel flexibility than Danville. Yeow)

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, I know she was just some dumb college intern, but that "You Go Girl" deal really pissed me off especially when it happened as a journalist who has mentored some of my close friends was getting the axe, I took issue with it.

11. vicd

vicd Active Member

Are you an angry white male with all the answers? Then we're the paper for you!

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

And as was noted in a convo last night, Dan River has the best prep football player in Southside/Central Virginia this upcoming year. Can't just ignore him or Dan River's games.

Draft saved Draft deleted