1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Talented family

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Feb 18, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Just discovered the band Coconut Records. They're very good. Or perhaps I should say he is very good, because it's basically Jason Schwarzman's one-man show. You know, the actor from Rushmore, The Darjeeling Limited, and I Heart Huckabees. And the drummer and founding member of Phantom Planet. (He quit the band when his acting career took off.)

His brother, Robert, is frontman for Rooney, which gained popularity from appearances on The OC (probably helped by the fact that Phantom Planet's "California" became the theme song -- "Hey, check out my brother's band!") and for generally being superawesome.

Their mother? Talia Shire. That puts them in the Coppola family tree (nephews of Francis Ford Coppola, the cousin of Nicolas Cage and Sofia Coppola).

Nice lineage.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have a raging crush on Jason Schwartzman.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Try to control yourself:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I (heart) Schwartzman.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Very cool - thanks for posting this. "Rushmore" is one of my favorite movies and I really liked his stuff with Phantom Planet. Excellent live band, too, when he was still with them.

Just downloaded his album from eMusic.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Rooney's new album is excellent. Nothing groundbreaking, just solid, catchy pop tunes.

Draft saved Draft deleted