1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taking care of a shaved head

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FileNotFound, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I buzz my own hair on No. 2 with clippers every two weeks and I'm good to go. I don't know how much more hair I'd have to lose to pick up the straight razor and go for the complete cue ball look (probably not too much more...)

2. printdust

printdust New Member

I've thought about doing this. But to get it right, I'd have to have a neck shave, a back shave....some people are just too effing hairy to do this.

And...how many of you actually shave your chest/backs? I pity the teens who do this to look buff. The ol' rule: once you start shaving, you can't ever stop applies to more than the cheeks.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!

[​IMG]

4. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I used this a couple times, but it takes crappy old Gillette Atra Plus blade refills. Each time, by the time I was done it looked like I was trying to slice off my entire scalp. A pretty bloody mess.

I shave it all off every other day with a Gillette Fusion Power. I started with shaving cream, but now just use the pre-shaving oil they sell at The Art of Shaving and no cream. Very rarely get a nick.

I also found shampooing the scalp is still necessary, and if you're wife does any Mary Kay purchasing, have her get you some MK Men Moisturizer. Great for using after shaving, and it has 30 spf sunscreen in it. It's expensive, but a bottle lasts a long time.

5. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

That episode was on TBS last night... "Grab your parasol and sachet around town"

6. printdust

printdust New Member

If you have fast growth on the back of your neck, which generally requires shaving once every 2 weeks, my fear is more that than the back crap. Having to shave down to the shoulders every day, if I ever quit shaving my head, I think I would have to still shave my neck every other day preventing a mane going down my backside.

Draft saved Draft deleted