1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Take Your Kid To The Ball Game Day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jun 3, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Jack Hack?

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I have a personal rule, no leaving early.
    Back in about 1975 my brother and I went to 50 or 60 games over the summer after he came home from the Navy. Then, he gets a job in which he starts at 6 in the morning. We're at a game that is dragging, he wants to go. I said no. He said he'll go out and snooze in the car. I said, fuck it and we left.
    In the eighth, there is one of the best baseball fights ever. Joe Ferguson breaks his hand hitting Bill Grief in the head. And we missed it.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I tried to explain this to my wife this eveing. A baseball game is like a play. You don't arrive late, and you stay for it all - even when you know the ending.

There are exceptions, though, for personal or family emergencies.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This was actually the very subject I was wondering about. How far back in the lower bowl would I need to get in order to score some shade? That's one of the good things about Turner Field (oh how it pains me to type that). The 4th of July game is a 1:10 first pitch and I was debating between that and the Friday night game on the 3rd.

Draft saved Draft deleted