1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Take some time off, Jay

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SockPuppet, Feb 16, 2007.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Without re-reading the whole thread, is this whole 'Jay fulfills contract and goes home' story based solely on the Tribune column, which was clearly written in retaliation for the 'Sun-Times sues Trib for ruining Cubs' story'?

Not suggesting the Tribune was inaccurate, but is there any other source/insight for this story?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No one here has a problem with any columnist ripping an athlete or team. A columnist gets to offer his opinion, good or bad.
    But you have to be make an effort to be fair -- or you're labeled as jumping on the bandwagon when things are good and piling on when things are bad. If you don't present both sides of an argument, at least learn both sides of the argument. You need to be fair -- and Eddie Munster isn't.
    You should stand behind what you write, and when Eddie hides in the press box and doesn't make an effort, he is ripped.
    I would love, just fucking love to see Ozzie hold his post-game presser in the press box one game this season, look Munster right in the eye and say in his fractured Spanglish, "OK, no excuses now."

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yep, he ripped the White Sox all the way through the 2005 regular season.

He couldn't function without his stiletto.

4. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Jay is THE MOST HATED reporter in Chicago. Everybody HATES him - including those at the Suntimes.

Ozzie Gullen was right. The would be a better place without this Evil demon.

5. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

That's a good point. How will be able to get on his high horse and right about spoiled athletes when he comes back?

6. chazp

chazp Active Member

"Hi, I'm Skip Bayless. I'm not really a writer, but I play one on TV."

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

"YES! I'm the same Skip Bayless who has written three, THREE best selling books, have a guest host spot on the Jim Rome Show."

Draft saved Draft deleted