1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tadd Fujikawa

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

16 years old.

Newest rookie on PGA Tour.

Playing Reno-Tahoe Open this week.

Steve Flesch leading with -9 (63) in first round.

Tadd shoots 78.

He's 5'1.

Tadd-Michelle

Michelle-Tadd

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Shit, I could shoot 78. Oh wait, no I couldn't. But I could shoot 87. Oh wait, I couldn't do that either.

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Yup. Might as well give up the game now.

I hear the raquetball tour is looking for some young prospects.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Tadd qualified for the U.S. Open last year at Winged Foot, so he's got some kind of game. But it's still too early. There's a 17 year old from Utah who just turned pro, and Monday qualified for the Milwaukee Open two weeks ago.

Michelle Wie
    Ty Tryon
    Sean O'Hair (before he finally got rid of the dad and made the tour 8 years after he turned pro).

Guess these kids and their parents don't see a pattern.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

He's 5-foot-fucking-1, and slight of build.

Even Woosie wasn't that short.... and he was built like a little longshoreman.

6. Tadd's family does not have money like Wie's does or like Ty Tryon's does. So he turned pro purely to get the endorsement money to take the burden off his family. How is this any different than kids leaving HS for the NBA to help out their families?

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Because to be a failed professional athlete is the worst thing that can happen to someone.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Does this get the record for longest gap in between posts on a single thread?
    11 years, 1 month?

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Weird that this came out as a story this week. If you follow him on Twitter, it's been clear for a while that he's gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Draft saved Draft deleted