1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tacky christmas sweater

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CradleRobber, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why does Yawn have his arm suggestively around Poindexter's shoulder?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Boom really likes his Christmas sweater and Bubbler looks great in those pants...
    (nice to see someone woke up spnited in the corner...)

[​IMG]

3. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Where are all these dudes getting the tacky blue sweaters?! I need that!

4. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Last year, just to be a little goofy for the family Christmas get-together, I tracked down a thin, cheap, white sweater, a black dickey (unbelievably hard to find these days, btw), some hideous dark green pants and a pair of God-awful-lookin' white shoes.

Free post to anyone who can guess the inspiration for such an outfit.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Dude, that's Cousin Eddie. It's not that hard.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yes, but extra points if you drove up in a Winnebago

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

About 5 years ago, I was at a friend's holiday cocktail party in New York City. It was an annual party and lots of people came dressed nicely -- women in dresses, men in jackets, etc. My college roommate and her husband were very excited about coming to the party -- it was a night out away from the kids and a good excuse to come into the city. I was looking forward to seeing them, too -- until they walked in wearing matching Christmas sweaters. The party came to dead halt -- people were just staring at them. My roommate was clueless - she thought it was cute that they were wearing the same sweater. Her husband had the good sense to be embarrassed. Some time later, I noticed he had taken the sweater off. He claimed to be hot, but I think the shame got to him. :eek:

8. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Yeah, next Friday should be one interesting scene. But it's intentional so the more hideous, the better.

If anyone remembers to take pictures, maybe I'll post some to make this thread worthwhile next week. :D

I'm either going with IJAG's suggestion (Disney wood-sporter sweater) or getting a large women's cardigan on eBay and wearing it open so it'll (somewhat) fit.

9. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

CradleRobber: Make a jaunt to a store like Wal-Mart (well, that's more sweatshirts, if that will do) or a store like Sears or JC Penney. Go directly to the women's section (sounds like you need plus-size for an XL or XXL). Do not pass go, do not collect $200. And definitely be drunk when you arrive at this party!

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

An early preview...

[​IMG]

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of the pullover sweater. I wear them all the time.
    But I don't think any of them fall in to the 'holiday' category.

12. KP

KP Active Member

Umm, it looks to me that the guy in the blue sweater is sitting on another guy's lap while grabbing the chick's ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted