1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Table or Booth?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 11, 2016.

?

Table or Booth

1. Table

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  2. Booth

28 vote(s)
    75.7%
  1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Sometimes there's a combo version ... one side of the table has a booth-like bench, and the other side has chairs.

In those situations, I choose the booth side, because usually the chairs back up into a walkway. So I suppose I'm in the booth camp.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I was trying to be delicate!

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The giant booths you see at some places that seat four per side aren't ideal, because at some point the far-inside guy's gonna have to whizz and it takes 10 minutes to let him out.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

When Spike get child. Spike burn table. Spike now throw food on floor and child gobbles it up. Child would have done it anyway if had table. Cut out middle man.

Vombatus likes this.
  5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

There's a restaurant here that has mini TVs in all the booths. They're usually pretuned to Yankees games, but you can change the channels once you sit down.

I used to take first dates there, so I'd have some entertainment in case the date went bad.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I wonder if freqposter would approve of this.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Usually when we go out, it's me, my wife and our 18-year-old son. Wife and I sit on one side of the booth and the boy on the other.

Wife will sit on inside, but put her purse in first, further squeezing space on the bench seat.

At a table, she can put her purse beneath her chair or at her feet.

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Booth. Absolutely booth. Even if I am on my own, which is usually the case. I hate chairs and tables. I have never been in a booth that wobbled. I can spread my fat ass all over that wonderful, cushioned booth. And I can set whatever I am carrying next to me in the booth. I need to buy a booth for home.

expendable, Vombatus and Ace like this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And then the whole time he's gone, everyone is fidgeting a little because they know they're going to have to shuffle around again in a few minutes to let him back in.

10. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

If there are only two of us, a booth. I'm left handed so if it's a larger group I care more about finding a spot with no one on my left than the type of seating.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Unless your kid says, "Fuck it, I'm crawling my way out under the table."

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Booths are too unpredictable. Some are made so that you're sitting right up against the table. Others are made so you're sitting seemingly miles away from the table. You just never fucking know until you sit down. Now, booths with the mobile table in the middle are fine. But usually, the table is the safe, predictable, more comfortable play.

Draft saved Draft deleted